In your initial post, select either A, B, or C and test drive the user interfaces for each of the listed sites. Sample test actions have been provided as a guide, but are not inclusive or required. Using the guidelines presented in Chapter 8, specifically outline and discuss what makes each of your selected sites a quality user interface design or an inferior user interface design for its intended purpose.
- Retail and Shopping: Walmart, Amazon
Sample the action prompts below to perform on each of the websites provided above:
- Find multiple items and add them to your cart in different quantities
- Remove/adjust quantities
- Continue shopping
- Search for alternate items from the like options
- Read the customer reviews
- Stock Research: Yahoo Finance, Google FinanceSample the action prompts below to perform on each of the websites provided above:
- Select stock AAPL
- Research the stock pricing for last five days, for the last five months, over the last year, and over the last five years
- Chart the stock for last year against S&P 500
- Compare to other stocks such as IBM and MSFT, over a given time period
- Research latest news
- Research company filings
- Weather Research: The Weather Channel, National Weather ServiceSample the action prompts below to perform on each of the websites provided above:
- Set your local area
- Research the next twenty-four hour forecast, the hour by hour forecast, and the next 10 days forecast
- Research the sunrise and sunset times for today
- Research the average temperatures over the past year and over the past five years
In responding to your peers, state your concurrence or non-concurrence with the supporting points for what makes each site a good user interface. Include references to the user interface guidelines as required to support your response.
Have a similar assignment? "Place an order for your assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."