In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competency:
- QSO-30167: Plan a project according to project management best practices
You have been hired as a project manager for a software company, ABC Solutions. Their business development team has received a product request from a new client, XYZ Financial Services. They need a custom software solution to streamline some workflows and processes that will be implemented in their offices worldwide. Your company has developed a similar software solution, but the client requires additional features and customization. The new software needs to be ready for a test run at two of the offices in about six months and worldwide rollout in another three months. Your boss, the project director, has asked you to manage this product development project.
ABC Solutions uses the traditional waterfall method for software development. The proposed project schedule should include the following major tasks: determine the software requirements, design, code test, system test, address issues with software, and deliver the prototype. You have been asked to assemble a team with the skills and expertise to perform these tasks.
Before initiating the project, you, the project director, and a software architect meet with the IT director and product manager of XYZ Financial Services to understand their requirements. They explain that the custom software should include three new features, five feature customizations, and a new interface design to match the client?s brand colors and logo.
Later, you and some key team members analyze the scope and requirements to arrive at some critical decisions and conclusions. These have been summarized in two project documents:
- The project charter PDF that includes the project objectives and other important details
- A document with the efforts estimated PDF for each development task
You will need to choose and allocate resources from the following available team members: a user interface (UI) designer, UI developers, a software architect, technical team leads, software developers, and software testers. You will also have access to two team members from the development team of the original software, who will act as consultants for your team. However, these members are only available part time since they are also busy on other projects.
Use the information from the scenario, including the project charter and effort estimates, to create a single file that includes the following components: stakeholder register, risk register, work breakdown structure (WBS), and responsibility matrix. You can also make reasonable assumptions to help you complete these tasks. But, be sure to explain your assumptions. Address each of the tasks outlined below.
- Stakeholder register: Identify and list the stakeholders for this project. Ensure it includes the following details:
- Their names
- Their role in the project
- Their influence on the project and its outcomes
- Risk register: Identify and describe at least four individual project risks, including the risks identified in the project charter. The register should include the following details for each risk:
- The description of the risk
- The probability the risk may occur
- The impact the risk can have on the project
- The response plan if the risk occurs
- The person responsible for handling the risk
- The status of the risk
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS): Create a WBS and Networking Diagram for the project. It should include the major milestones and all tasks arranged in the order they should be completed in the project. Also, be sure to indicate any dependencies between tasks.
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Create a responsibility matrix with a responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed (RACI) chart that shows how the tasks in the project are assigned to the respective team members. Also, include a RACI chart for all stakeholders you identified earlier.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Project Management Plan
Create a project management plan that includes the stakeholder register, the risk register, the WBS, and a responsibility matrix. Combine all four components into a single file. Remember to cite any references in the APA format.
Have a similar assignment? "Place an order for your assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."